Crunchy Garlic Salmon (a 2 step process)
• Salmon filet (s)
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 large clove of garlic per filet- chopped
• Shake of Garlic Powder (optional)
** fork split: pierce with fork and turn
* Preheat oven to 375F.
* Drizzle olive oil in the oven pan or glass dish, before placing salmon in.
* Cover or drizzle the top of salmon with the remaining olive oil.
* Spread the chopped garlic on top of the salmon. Add garlic powder (optional)
* Bake for 20 minutes… If salmon is not done….the Broiling in step 2 will finish it.
* Carefully take salmon out of the oven. “Fork Split”** the top of the salmon all over!
* This process allows the heat to permeate throughout and add the “crispy”.
* Turn off ‘Bake’ and switch oven to the broil setting on high.
* Put the salmon back in the oven for the ‘char’ garlic & completely cook the salmon.
*Watch carefully as this step should take between 3 to 6 minutes.
* The garlic should be brownish and crispy (to your liking).
As is the case with all seafood meals, enjoy Irene’s ‘Crunchy Garlic Salmon’ with your favorite side dish, salad (and wine of course)…
Tune in soon for another original recipe from Irene’s Kitchen…
Check out more recipes from Irene's Kitchen 👩🍳